I don’t know about you, but I have an ever-growing list of “one day I’d like to” things to experience. My traveling bucket list is comprised of things like go whitewater rafting, snow ski, go zip lining, hike in the mountains, really camp … things I can’t do at home and might only get to do once. (The bucket list, by the way, is why we paid an eyebrow-raising amount of Euros to go on a late-night gondola ride in Venice on our honeymoon. It was totally worth it and is a memory I’ll treasure forever. It could’ve only been better if we’d have had the presence of mind to have taken a bottle of prosecco along for the ride, or if a tuxedoed Daniel Craig had swung across the Grand Canal and scaled the nearest historic structure while we were on it).
Adventure Awaits in Sevierville
If you’re like me and have a travel bucket list or want to have once-in-a-lifetime experiences while you’re on vacation, then check out all the exciting things to do in Sevierville Tennessee.
Located in stunning Sevier County in Eastern Tennessee where the Tennessee Valley meets the Great Smokies, Sevierville is well known as the birthplace of the one-and-only Dolly Parton. Of course, there’s more to Sevierville than landscapes that will make you swoon and something in the drinking water that produces musical genius. It also happens to be a fabulous place to visit if you’re down to earn some adventure points and tick some items off your bucket list.
12 Thrilling Things to Do in Sevierville
Take a Scenic Helicopter Tour: You may not think a helicopter tour is that wild, but when you consider how many opportunities you’ll have for soaring over the Smokies and seeing The Chimneys, Cades Cove, The Sawteeth, and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park (to name a few), you’ll agree that a chopper tour is just what your vacation needs.
Zip down the line at Dubby’s Adventure Park Zip Lines: Talk about a ride as you zoom on a 1.5-mile tour (for the total tour) taking in the gorgeous mountain scenery from on high. While there are several places in the area for zip lining good times, Adventure Park is particularly cool because you can also play on the Tree Tops Ropes Course or take a six-mile horseback tour of the countryside, both of which are bucket-list worthy.
– Climb, zip, and swing at Adventureworks: Climb, zip, and swing to maneuver your way through bridges, grape vines, and cargo nets in this aerial adventure course (who says you can’t have it all?).
– Get a thrill at Adrenaline Park: Not for nothing Adrenaline Park is thusly named considering you can walk the sky bridge, or zip line from the ledge of a 300-foot cliff. (Are you packing a bag yet?)
– Go wild at Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo: Sure, you’ve been to the zoo, but you’ve probably not had the opportunity to see rare species like the Golden Headed Lion Tamarin up close and personal. Rainforest Adventures is one of America’s finest small zoos and participates in important breeding programs with larger zoos across the nation—meaning you’ll see some pretty amazing creatures.
– Soar on a Sky High Air Tour: Embrace your inner Amelia Earhart as you take to the skies in an open cockpit Waco Biplane. Two for one can fly, and adventurers of all ages are welcome to let their spirits soar.
– Spelunk the Forbidden Caverns: Delve into the great mysteries the great state of Tennessee has to behold on a cavern tour under the Smokies that’s equal parts beautiful and eerie.
– Cross the Foxfire Mountain Swinging Bridges: In addition to the longest swinging bridge in America at 335 feet, Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park has hiking trails, falls, and other exciting hotspots to make checking off this bucket-list bridge more than worth the while.
– Let loose at Wilderness at the Smokies: Not only is this a killer place to stay, it’s also home to Tennessee’s largest indoor waterpark; the Wild Vortex was once dubbed “one of America’s craziest waterslides” by Travel & Leisure. Need I say more?
– Whitewater raft with Big Creek Expeditions: Live for the moment as you and your crew bump, splash, and sail through the Smokies in an unforgettable whitewater rafting adventure.
– Take a wild ride on an ATV with Bluff Mountain Adventures: It’s a bumpy ride, but someone’s gotta take it. Traverse streams and mountainous terrain in a whole new way on an ATV ride.
– Have a “monstrous” time with Outdoor Adventures of the Smokies: Outdoor Adventures has a lot of offerings, but the two most bucket-list worthy tours are the hot air balloon ride and the monster truck ride.
Suffice to say, if you and your crew are looking for a wild time, there are plenty of things to do in Sevierville to get your adrenaline pumping. In addition to the thrills, Sevierville also has great places to stay, outlet shopping, vineyards ripe for the touring, and delicious cuisine. It’s definitely a destination to add to the ol’ bucket list.
Looking to unleash your wild side, to have an adventure, or to show your loved ones that –holy smokes, they really didn’t know you at all (since when did you love daredevil zip lining!?) If so (or if you just want to indulge in a beautiful mountain escape), visit the Visit Sevierville website for details, and get ready to start checking these fun things to do in Sevierville off your bucket list.